HEMODIALYSIS TECHNICIAN TRAINING PROGRAM
We at Millennia Education Institute (MEI) have been offering high quality hemodialysis training since 2001. Our six month evening and weekend program will prepare you for employment as a Certified Hemodialysis Technician. Under the direct supervision of a registered nurse, CHTs are responsible for setting up equipment, preparing solutions, venipuncture, and monitoring patient responses during the procedure.
By the time you finish the class you will be able to:
- To correlate normal renal physiology of acute and chronic renal failure
- Identify critical components of healthcare for the dialysis patient
- Deliver safe and efficient hemodialysis treatment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the relationship between the symptoms and causes of renal failure
- Demonstrate the ability to teach patient self-care utilizing the principles of adult education