- Correlates normal renal physiology with the pathophysiology of acute and chronic renal failure.
- Identify critical components of nursing care for the dialysis patient.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the relationship between clinical manifestations and underlying psychosocial or pathophysical status of the renal failure patient.
- Delivers a safe and efficient hemodialysis treatment to an acute and/or chronic renal failure patient.
- Demonstrate ability to teach patient self-care regardless of treatment modality utilizing the principles of adult education.
- Answer key questions relating to each of the major topics discussed during the course.
- Formulate individual patient care plan utilizing nursing diagnosis.
- Provides clinical training
CLASS AND CLINICAL CREDIT HOURS
All students are required to meet for 120 lecture hours and 350 hours of clinical training (total 470 hours) to receive a Certificate of Completion. Students will need to pass the lecture and lab final exam prior to clinical training.
CLASS and LAB LOCATION
Lectures are held at our main campus located at 9440 Telstar Ave. #G El Monte CA 91773
Clinical Hours are held at the Rosemead Dialysis Center located at 7403 Hellman Ave. Rosemead, CA 91770
CLINICAL TRAINING LOCATION
- Rosemead Dialysis Center
- Hacienda Dialysis Center
- Long Beach Quest Dialysis Center
2017 PROGRAM SCHEDULE
- January 19, 2017 3. Aug. 8, 2017
- May 2, 2017 4. Nov. 14, 2017
Class room hours are Monday and Thursday 5:30 pm to 9 pm, and Sunday 9am to 4 pm
Class dates and times may be subject to change; the School will provide notice when there are any changes.
Class calendar will be available upon registration
Millennia Education Institute (MEI) is approved to operate by Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education. (BPPE) Approval to operate means that MEI is compliant with the standards set by BPPE.