- Correlates normal renal physiology with the pathophysiology of acute and chronic renal failure.
- Identify critical components of nursing care for the dialysis patient.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the relationship between clinical manifestations and underlying psychosocial or pathophysical status of the renal failure patient.
- Delivers a safe and efficient hemodialysis treatment to an acute and/or chronic renal failure patient.
- Demonstrate ability to teach patient self-care regardless of treatment modality utilizing the principles of adult education.
- Answer key questions relating to each of the major topics discussed during the course.
- Formulate individual patient care plan utilizing nursing diagnosis.
- Provides clinical training
HEMODIALYSIS TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION AND CLINICAL CREDIT HOURS
All students are required to meet for 120 lecture hours and 350 hours of clinical training (total 470 hours) to receive a Certificate of Completion. Students will need to pass the lecture and lab final exam prior to clinical training.
HEMODIALYSIS RN CLASS AND CLINICAL CREDIT HOURS
All students are required to meet for 180 lecture and clinical training hours to receive a Certificate of Completion. Students will need to pass the lecture and lab final exam prior to clinical training.
CLASS and LAB LOCATION
Lectures are held at our main campus located at 9440 Telstar Ave. #G El Monte CA 91773
Clinical Hours are held at the Rosemead Dialysis Center located at 7403 Hellman Ave. Rosemead, CA 91770
CLINICAL TRAINING LOCATION
- Rosemead Dialysis Center
- Hacienda Dialysis Center
- Long Beach Quest Dialysis Center
2018 HEMODIALYSIS TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION PROGRAM START DATES
- February 20, 2018
- May 15, 2018
- August 28th, 2018
- November 13th, 2018
2018 HEMODIALYSIS RN PROGRAM START DATES
- January 23, 2018
- June 26, 2018
Classroom hours are Monday and Thursday 5:30 pm to 9 pm, and Sunday 9 am to 4 pm
Class dates and times may be subject to change; the School will provide notice when there are any changes.
Class calendar will be available upon registration
Millennia Education Institution is a private institution approved to operate by the California Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education. Approval to operate means the institution is compliant with the minimum standards contained in the California Private Postsecondary Education Act of 2009 (as amended) and Division 7.5 of Title 5 of the California Code of Regulations. For more information, please visit BPPE website at http://www.bppe.ca.gov/.